Tuesday, June 14, 2005

AuralAssualt: World Music? Bossa Nova? It's Bebel's music!

First of all, thanks to this wonderful person who introduced me to the world of world/bossa nova music (or whatever other genres people call it). A case of you never try, you never know. I've never imagined myself appreciating such music. So it was songs by this lady called Bebel Gilberto (right) which serenaded me and unknowingly, she had already been introduced to me in the movie Closer (which I absolutely love in 2005) where her song Samba de Becao was played in one of the scenes at the art gallery. I love her songs - laidback, warm and summer-ish. Try her 2000 album Tanto Tempo (one of the songs So Nice is a staple advert song for one of the condos) (A+).

Once again, I must thank this person for this. Cheer up, don't be so sad... :)

No comments: